- Beautifully designed with 40 sumptuous images, including specially commissioned photography
- Engaging text tells the history of the cathedral
One of the six former abbeys refounded as cathedrals under King Henry VIII, Gloucester Cathedral was, from 1089 until 1540, a Benedictine monastery dedicated to St Peter. This beautifully designed souvenir guide leads readers on a tour of the ancient building, including its famous stained glass and cloister. Together, an engaging text and specially commissioned photography tell the history of the cathedral through both the details and splendid panoramas of the building, inside and out.
From British Residency to Osmania University College for Women